Imagine your discovery
BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition 2016
Be part of something extraordinary
RDS, Dublin, 6-9 January 2016
About the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition
In 1963 two physics researchers from the University College Dublin, Rev. Dr. Tom Burke and Dr. Tony Scott, came across the concept of ‘Science Fairs’ while conducting research in New Mexico, America. The pair decided that this type of hands-on science was something that students in Ireland could benefit from. And so the Young Scientist Exhibition was born. BT has been the proud sponsor and organiser of the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition for 15 years.
- 52 years of making history
- BT will celebrate 16 years of involvement this year
- 4,616 students from 367 schools entered over 2,000 projects for the Exhibition in 2015
- There are over 120 awards
- Since 1965, over three quarters of a million people, spanning 49 years, have visited the Young Scientist Exhibition
Judging will commence on Wednesday 6th January 2016 from 3.00pm and will continue all day Thursday. Final judging will be completed on Friday morning.