About the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition
In 1963 two physics researchers from the University College Dublin, Rev. Dr. Tom Burke and Dr. Tony Scott, came across the concept of ‘Science Fairs’ while conducting research in New Mexico, America. The pair decided that this type of hands-on science was something that students in Ireland could benefit from. And so the Young Scientist Exhibition was born. BT has been the proud sponsor and organiser of the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition for 17 years.
- 53 years of making history
- BT will celebrate 17 years of involvement this year
- 4,449 students from 396 schools entered over 2,000 projects for the Exhibition in 2016
- There are over 140 awards
- Since 1965, over three quarters of a million people have visited the Young Scientist Exhibition
The BTYSTE Archive
Welcome to the BTYSTE Archive
A warm welcome back to you – whether you were a past participant, a teacher, partner or a visitor since 1965, we hope you find something in this archive that makes you smile.