BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition Alumni Showcase
The BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition has been an national institution for over five decades. Over this time we believe that over 85,000 people have participated in the event and now we want to know what they are doing and where they are. There are so many inspiring stories from over the years but we know there are many, many more and we want to know about them and share them with as many people as we can.
To mark the 55th anniversary of the Exhibition taking place next January, we are launching an alumni networking group to give past participants a forum to come together, share ideas and network with like-minded peers.
The BT Young Scientist Community (through our LinkedIn group) will allow alumni to make connections with past participants and reach out to STEM leaders in Ireland. It allows for participants to access a platform to showcase their interest in STEM and encourage further pursuit of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths in Ireland.
Join our growing network and be part of the STEM future.
Enter your details below and join our LinkedIn group for more updates.
In 2014 we built our archive of past exhibition guides and photos.
Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) shall be binding on all persons entering this competition and by entering the competition, the entrant is deemed to accept the terms and conditions. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition form part of these Terms. No purchase necessary.
- Applicants must have qualified and participated in the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition in any year since its inception in 1965.
- Applicants must enter on behalf of a registered company (via the Company Registrations Office in ROI, Companies House in NI, or international equivalent).
- Applicants must have founded (or co-founded) the business, have a lead role in its management, and have a significant shareholding/ownership in the business
- The company must be based on one or more of their original BTYSTE projects
- Only one submission permitted per Applicant.
- To enter, applicants must complete in full the application form available at http://btyoungscientist.com/alumni/ and email to email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted from 14 November until 5:00 p.m. on 28 November.
- A judging panel consisting of Tony Scott, co-founder of the Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition, Shay Walsh, Managing Director of BT Ireland and Mari Cahalane, Head of the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition will evaluate the submissions and select nine winners. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be given the opportunity to exhibit at the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition 2017 for one day between 12-14 January 2017, subject to acceptance of BT exhibitor terms and conditions. This prize is strictly non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Winners will be notified by email by w/c November 21. The names of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped address envelope to BTYSTE, BT Ireland, Grand Canal Plaza, Upper Grand Canal Street, Dublin 4, within six weeks of the closing date of the competition.
- Winners must be available between the 12th and 14th January and will be notified of their allocated date as soon as possible.
- Winners will be required to sign up to the exhibitor terms and conditions before they will be permitted to exhibit at the BTYSTE. Failure to accept the exhibitor terms and conditions may result in the offer to exhibit being withdrawn. Winners will be required to have adequate public liability insurance in place, and to comply with the BTYSTE exhibition rules in relation to branding and occupation of the exhibitor stands.
- The winners may be required to participate in public relations activity to promote their participation in BTYSTE. This may include (but will not be limited to) press releases, media interviews, photography, and social media.
- The winners agree to the publication of their name and that of the company (and picture) at BT’s sole discretion. BT may also publish and/or disclose the results of the competition including the winners’ names and details of entry.
- BT reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition or amend or vary these terms without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
- Except as is mandated by law, BT is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, losses, damages, liability or injury direct or indirect arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or the opportunity to exhibit.
- All costs and expenses associated with participation in the BT Alumni Showcase at the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition (e.g. travel, transportation, assembly etc) must be met by the Winner.
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with Irish Law.
- The promoter is BT Communications Ireland Limited registered office Grand Canal Plaza, Upper Grand Canal Street, Dublin 4 (“BT”)