LIFT OFF TO SPACE, CLEAN UP THE OCEANS AND TAKE A ROLLERCOASTER RIDE AT DAY 2 OF THE BT YOUNG SCIENTIST & TECHNOLOGY EXHIBITION 2022
Free registration to the online event is now open to the public here
See our Day 1 highlights here
The search for the BT Young Scientist & Technologist(s) 2022 continues in earnest at the second day of the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition (BTYSTE) with virtual judging scheduled throughout the day.
Students from across the island of Ireland have been impressing the over 90 judges with their innovation, creativity, and solutions to global and everyday issues we face in our lives.
As part of a jam-packed schedule of events from cleaning up our oceans to tackling our feelings, BT Ireland will host its highly anticipated business and innovation event, Nextipedia, which will feature keynotes from work futurist, Dominic Price, award winning journalist Elizabeth Day and a host of other business leaders.
Speaking in advance of the BT Nextipedia event, Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment Leo Varadkar said, “It’s always great to be involved in the BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition. The creativity of the projects and the dedication that young people, their teachers and their schools show every year is inspiring. The calibre of projects produced by young people exhibiting this year leaves me in no doubt that there will be a number of them sitting here as representatives at the highest levels of industry in years to come.”
Commenting on the great support for the 2022 BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition, Mari Cahalane, Head of the BTYSTE said “We are delighted to see visitors from across the world logging in to take part in the BTYSTE 2022 with us. It gives the students a fantastic opportunity to showcase their STEM talents to a national and international audience.”
You won’t want to miss the rest of the brilliant line up of events scheduled for today including:
- Physics of Roller-coaster – Tayto Park Adventure: Take off on an adventure to Ireland’s only theme Park and Zoo, and discover the scientists and engineers who use their understanding of the natural world, to create out of this world experiences!
- Sustainable Outerspace – This highly visual presentation will explore sustainability in space topics and how humanity is beginning to address this problem in order for us to continue our open exploration and access to space for generations to come.
- Psychologi-Science Magic with David Meade – Join BBC’s David Meade for a roller coaster ride through the mind-blowing ways your brain works. He’ll boggle your mind with perception twisting illusions and jaw dropping demonstrations – and you’ll even learn some of his tricks of the trade!
- Cleaning Up Our Oceans: Naomi Lavelle welcomes us into her science workshop to explore the different ways that we can help clean up our oceans after an oil spillage.
- World Cup Physics: Lace up your boots, pull up your socks, and discover the physics at play in World Cup 2022, with physicist and professional footballer, Mark Langtry, the Science Guy at Explorium.
This and so much more is available today at the BTYSTE 2022! Full schedule of events and instructions on how to access are available here.
If you have any further queries, require information or would like to coordinate any interviews, please don’t hesitate to contact the following:
Hanover Communications for BTYSTE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sinead Reilly: email@example.com / 085 8421970
Conor McCrave: firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 7650970
BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition
The BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition is much more than a competition – it is the experience of a lifetime for the students and teachers who take part. Designed to raise schools’ engagement in the critical subjects of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM), the Exhibition calls upon students aged 12-19 years from all over the island of Ireland to showcase innovative science and technology project. In 2021, visitors from 77 countries accessed the students projects and the on-line portal. The BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition is supported by several valued partners including the Department of Education, Analog Devices, Stripe, Perrigo, and RTE. Learn more at www.btyoungscientist.com
BT Group is the UK’s leading telecommunications and network provider and a leading provider of global communications services and solutions, serving customers in 180 countries. Its principal activities in the UK include the provision of fixed voice, mobile, broadband and TV (including Sport) and a range of products and services over converged fixed and mobile networks to consumer, business and public sector customers. For its global customers, BT provides managed services, security and network and IT infrastructure services to support their operations all over the world. BT consists of four customer-facing units: Consumer, Enterprise, Global and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Openreach, which provides access network services to over 650 communications provider customers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses across the UK.
For the year ended 31 March 2021, BT Group’s reported revenue was £21,331m with reported profit before taxation of £1,804m.
British Telecommunications plc is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
For more information, visit www.bt.com/about